The internet, as it is, has been enormously successful in changing not only the way in which people access the Internet now but has also been successful in changing their lives an get things done much faster which one of the prime demands of this modern world. In fact, internet has become an integral part of people’s lives today.
Adding to this change, Google has been constantly trying to provide much superior services to the netizens. No very long ago, out of their unquenchable thirst for providing better and more innovative ways to people to use the internet and interact with people through it in a much better way, this internet giant decided to build a new Operating System: Android.
- In fact, after the advent of Android, it has literally transformed and revolutionized the market of mobile devices.
- It has also impacted the ways in which people now interact with others using their mobile devices.
- Android has also given rise to a large number of mobile users within a very short span of time, now that smartphones are ruling the world and has become the most common source for accessing the internet.
People now access sports and entertainment channels using their smartphones, or for any information and even access sites like LibertyLending.com and other reliable and reputed ones that provide financial services and products to customers online.
Will all these good things that Android serves it has also sadly contributed to a large number of its competitors declaring bankruptcy. Take the examples of some of the most popular mobile companies such as Nokia and Motorola who were forced to rethink their business strategy.
They, in fact, had to start right from scratch once again in order to tackle Android, but since their revival, they have hardly been able to do what Android has really done to the netizens and the world of internet. It can be said here that, all the competitors had a really exhilarating ride since the time Android set its foot in the world of internet.
The products in Android marketing mix
When most of the competitors were looking for better ways to recreate and represent themselves by attempting to create an Operating System that will be as good as the popular android, people at Google however had a better idea and time being busy in building the next big thing.
After Android was first launched in September 2008, Google had already come a long way and had already leveraged their users with an experience that they never experienced before. Since then, there has been a lot of products introduced in the market that support Android Operating System that has made the job of the competitors much more difficult.
The basic Android products are the operating systems that comes with a lot of unique applications. The unique features of Android products include:
- These have one of the lightest operating systems that has been ever written that makes it all the more popular operating systems
- It contains additional and useful functionalities that actually works with the help of different mobile applications and
- All the apps operable on any android product can be downloaded from the Google Play Store easily.
With all these useful and beneficial features on offer, it is but natural that Android has never disappointed its users. The most important thing about this operating system is that it has issued quick fix against all errors, bugs, and inept functionalities, always and every time
Series of operating systems launched
Over the years after its launch in September 2008, Android has continually and successfully launched a series of operating systems. All these operating systems are designed carefully and thoughtfully to take the user experience to the next higher level. It is this consistent evolution of Android that has prevented the users from drifting away from it.
Here is a list of all the Android Operating Systems that has been launched over time and has embraced the world thereby helping the people to get more of their work done much easily and in much less time, in fact from anywhere and anytime. A few of these systems include:
- Android 1.0
- Android 1.1
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Jelly Bean
- Marshmallow and
- Android N
However, according to research, Android now is continually losing a large number of users to iOS every year. Nevertheless, it is the high rate of new users joining this platform that it helping it to compensate this loss of its users with great ease and sustain. It is due to this popularity of Android devices that has encouraged it to come up with the latest versions that they are so used to launch every now and then.
Effects of the popularity of Android
It is the popularity, extensive use and exceptional functionality of Android that has enabled Google, the rightfully called Internet giant, to acquire major mobile companies like Motorola as well as several other different mobile manufacturing enterprises over a short period of time. The popularity of Android has also encouraged them to re-launch different mobile companies with android operating system.
This simple strategy, which is also very exquisite, of launching some of the obsolete mobile companies with Android has had several effects on the internet world such as:
- It has changed the fate of the obsolete companies
- It has helped Google to span all over the world.
According to research, by the end of 2015, there were an enormous number of 1.4 billion people on Android. However, after that, the smartphone market of Apple and Microsoft has also expanded and added to the popularity and increased use of Android. These smartphone companies have massive market coverage.
Add to that, the outreach of Google as a search engine has also added to the popularity of Android. Google as it is, also acts as an Internet service provider, a web tool developer as well as an Android manufacturer now.
All these has contributed it is capturing the internet world with its creation Android.
You May Like:
- Education App Development: Useful Tips and Important Features to Include
- Top 10 Successful Online Food Delivery Apps in The World
- 11+ Most Helpful Apps for School & College Students
- 15 Best Wireframe Kits for Sketch App to Speed up Workflow
- Mobile App vs Web App: Which Development Approach Is Better?
- Complete List of Top Wireframe Tools for UI/UX Designers
- How Much Does It Cost To Create A Custom App?