Web development is becoming a popular field as more and more businesses are operating online. Due to the outbreak of the Pandemic throughout the world people are also buying more frequently from online stores. Therefore, business owners are also focusing on their websites for promoting their products and services. Not only that, every company or service provider today is shifting their approach to online marketing, owing to the immense potential customer base they could find.
Hence, the Web Development field is seeing a boom which majorly includes frontend and backend development of web apps and sites. Some individuals only learn frontend languages to become frontend development experts whereas some learn backend languages. However, web developers who use both frontend and backend languages for developing a fully functional website are Full-Stack developers. The demand and salary packages is very high for these developers.
Therefore, many people are joining web development courses for learning web development languages. Moreover, nowadays, web development course fees are quite reasonable and affordable due to which it is becoming a popular choice among youth.
In this article, we will discuss the most important web development languages used for becoming an efficient web developer.
Web Development Languages Used For Backend
Web development languages used for the backend include Java, Python, C#, and PHP. These languages help the backend developer to manage the proper functioning of web pages and data storage.
Java is an important programming language used for the development of a web application. This programming language has been used for many years for the development of mobile and web apps. It is stable and one of the best languages for web development.
- It is an excellent programming language with powerful features that helps the developers to produce a high-quality website.
- It is mainly used for producing business apps.
- The most important feature of this programming language is that it does not produce major changes or updates due to which it is the common programming language used for developing apps.
- The Java virtual machine is the best in the IT field.
Benefits of Using JAVA
The main benefits of using JAVA include the following:
- JAVA has a wide range of open-source libraries
- It offers an automatic collection of garbage and memory allocation
- JVM provides platform independence to the users
- It is a secure platform because its security system helps in defining class access
- This programming language offers a wide range of APIs that helps in finishing important tasks such as database connection, networking, utilities, and XML parsing
Uses of JAVA
JAVA has a wide usage. It is mainly used for web development, development of android apps, enterprise apps, and big data applications.
JAVA is the first programming language that can run anywhere and therefore it is among the top choice for organizational use.
It is an excellent choice for web development. It is a multipurpose language and also helps in data analysis. It is easy to learn and use. This programming language is mainly used for the development of scalable web applications and web pages.
- It is one of the best programming languages used for the backend as it has excellent integration with other programming languages such as C++ and C.
- The unique selling point (USP) of python is simple, powerful, productive, and elegant.
- It also influences other programming languages such as Go and Julia.
- This programming language provides several tools for computational statistics and mathematics. The language has several libraries and frameworks.
- It can also simplify the complicated tasks of the CPU to C or C++.
- Python is mainly used for the development of web apps and desktop apps and other applications related to machine learning, GUI, and data science.
Benefits of Using Python
Important benefits of using a python programming language for web development are:
- The language has numerous libraries for supporting web development
- It provides support to different platforms and systems
- The language also helps in improving the productivity and efficiency of programmers and developers
- It also helps in the easy scalability of complex web apps
- It is driver by OOP or object-oriented programming
- It is mainly based on the readability of code
Uses of Python
Python is mainly used for developing business applications, serverless computing, internet of things (IoT) apps, system programming, and the development of cloud-native.
Python has distinct features and therefore it is the best language to manage the server side during web development.
It is considered the top most languages required for web development. It faces tough competition from other web development languages but it is the main language used by web developers. This language is also used for managing the server side of web applications. It is an open-source programming language and supports windows, MAC, and UNIX systems.
- PHP is widely used for the development and deployment of web applications.
- It is an interesting and very productive language used for developing web applications.
- Facebook, the most renowned social media app is developed using this programming language.
Benefits of Using PHP
The most important benefits of using PHP for web developers include the following.
- The language is easy to learn and use because it provides numerous frameworks
- It provides a huge ecosystem and larger support from the community
- The language has an Xdebug extension that helps in quick debugging
- It supports different automation tools that help in quick testing and deployment of web applications
- It also supports object-oriented and functional programming features
Uses of PHP
PHP is used for building CMS systems, developing server-side web apps, and development of standalone web apps.
This language is developed by using the basic features of the C language. C# is used for web development in the backend. It helps in developing mobile apps, games, etc. This language can be used on Android, Windows platforms, iOS, and Linux.
The main features of C# are:
- This language has numerous libraries and frameworks as it has been used for more than 25 years in the IT field.
- The language is not dependent on platforms because it has common language runtime.
Benefits of C# Language
- It is safe as compared to C++ and C
- It can easily work with shared codebases
- The language is completely integrated with the .NET library
- C# is an object and component-oriented language
- The language uses similar syntax as used in C and C++
- It can be compiled and executed easily
- The language has numerous library functions and data types
Uses of C#
The language can be used for windows platform software, app development, web development, developing games, and server-side programming.
Web Development Languages Used for Frontend
Now, we will discuss the main web development languages that are used for the front end.
It is the most important front-end language that helps the web developer to make the website design interactive, attractive, and user-friendly. It has become a multi-user language and is the most frequently used front-end web development language. This language can work for mobile devices, containers, cloud, browsers, and microcontrollers.
- The most important feature of this language is that it can be used easily and comfortably on any platform such as servers and mobile devices.
- It can be used with Node.js as it offers event driver programming and is useful for head I/O processes.
- The language can run easily on any browser and does not need compilation
- It is a versatile language and offers the function of data validation
- Different add-ons such as Greasemonkey can be used easily for increasing functionality
- The language provides a rich and better website user interface
- Various resources and community support are available
- The language can be used for developing different applications
- It can be integrated and implemented easily with the other languages
- React can help in building the interactive user interface for web apps and mobile apps.
- The virtual document object model allows the web developer to develop quick and scalable apps.
- Web developers cannot make direct changes to the properties of React elements and therefore it provides a stable code.
Benefits of React
The language is easy to learn and it is SEO friendly. It helps in increasing productivity and it is easy to maintain. It is supported by a large community and has different helpful tools for web development. It can help to save time and it has an open source library.
Uses of React
It can be used for effective web development and the development of complex websites. It also helps in developing sites with a better user interface.
There are many other web development languages used for the front end such as Angular and VueJS. Every programming language has its features and benefits. A web developer can choose any programming language for developing an attractive and user-friendly website or a mobile app.
In conclusion, web development is an interesting field and a wide range of opportunities are available in this field. Anyone who wants to start a career in this field must have deep knowledge and understanding of web development languages. You can choose any of the above languages for becoming a proficient web developer.
Also read: Top 5 Web Development Frameworks You need to Know